Meyer - Erickson for President/Senior Vice President

Help us get elected. Got an idea? Post it here, and help us stay in touch with what is important to Biola.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The morning after

Well, the voting started yesterday, continues today, and goes until tomorrow. What a beautiful allegory of God huh? I just laugh because (as Lindsey said) the entire United States of America can vote in 1 day but Biola takes 3! I'm not bitter, just ready to get on with my life, take this job on and get started doing stuff.

If you guys know anyone who hasn't voted please get them to the polls. This is the big day I think for determining the winner as tomorrow is not expected to be any kind of big deal.

The speeches went well yesterday. I felt VERY excited to share my vision during the first chapel and, even though I think I might have gotten a little bit too emotional, people seem to have been quite forgiving and generous. The second chapel was funny (most of you don't know this) because at about my 2 minutes to go point, Andrew Hartman held up a sign that said "30 seconds" and I freaked out. I tried to wind down my speech and for the next 30 seconds tried to appear like I had planned things this way. Then he grimaced, held up a different sign, and tried to act cool, but I was already done so I just said thanks and sat back down.

But man, I thought for sure I had really screwed up but everyone said they didn't even notice a thing... Maybe it was God... I don't know.

Props again to Bushido. They really did have some of the gnarliest ideas for next year and some of them might even need to be converted from "crazy" ideas to "good" ideas. Highlights of ideas that people have suggested to me over the last two weeks:

Lights for the Baseball field (duh... but maybe it's too much money)
Money for the lacrosse team
An RC model airplane flying club
A huge luau for all of Biola complete with a band, pig, and tiki-torches = sweet!
Soda in the drinking fountains (jk)
A larger, more-competitive dart league
More networking to produce cool videos for chapel (remember Ron Hafer in the Escalade?)
Spring banquet on the beach with wave-runners, surfing, and a concert at the end (cool=yes, possible=tough)

That's all for now. I'm sure I've got more. If you have ideas, submit them now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home